Citizens Advice Mid Lincolnshire

Citizens Advice is helping more and more people with housing issues.  Disrepair and maintenance issues are one of the biggest problems for both private and social rented tenants.The process of getting your landlord or letting agent complete repairs in a timely manner can be tricky. It is important to know which repairs you are responsible for as a tenant and which repairs your landlord has to complete. It’s good to be aware of what you can do if they do not respond within a reasonable timeframe, or the issue is impacting your health or the health of your household. 

Section 21 notices have been in the news a lot recently. This is because the government are thinking about banning them. However, they are still legal at the moment. This means your landlord is still allowed to give you a section 21 notice. 

If your landlord gives you a section 21 notice or any other kind of notice, Citizens Advice can help you to work out what to do next

 We can help you to check that your landlord has followed the rules correctly and help you through the process of finding a new place to live.

Visit or call your local Citizens Advice branch if you need help with housing issues.

To get in touch with us at Citizens Advice Mid Lincolnshire you can:

Phone our adviceline on 0808 278 7942

Email us at

Or visit one of our information drop in sessions which run at:

Boston Office (Municipal Buildings, West Street, Boston, PE21 8QR): Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30 to 12:30

Sleaford Office (The Advice Centre, Money’s Yard, Carre St, Sleaford, NG34 7TW): Mondays & Wednesdays 09:30 to 12:30